Can I limit user mentions per space?

Patrick Rice October 21, 2014

We've recently rolled out Confluence at a company-wide level, and are working on allowing external access to our Confluence environment to our customers. The problem is that our customers don't necessarily know about one another, and our executive team is concerned about exposure between customers.

While spaces have a great permission system set up, I can't seem to stop users from mentioning each other in different spaces. This means that one customer could mention a user from another customer, essentially showing our customers one another.

That leads to my question - is there a way to limit user mentions per space to ensure that when a user is only allowed to see and edit a single space, they can only mention a subset of users?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Unfortunately the only way to limit user mentions is through the global permission "Browse Users," which is sort of an all or nothing option that is no way restricted on space.

It looks like some people have had very similar concerns as yours, with the same goal. Check out CONF-1882 for the status of what Atlassian is trying to do about it smile

EDIT: After reading the comments on CONF-1882, it looks like Appfusions has created a plugin for this: http://www.appfusions.com/display/PPARTS/Documentation#Documentation-What'sNewinVersion2. If you're open to using a plugin to achieve this, the plugin doesn't look half bad. But, I personally have never used it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events