Can I display the burndown chart on confluence page

Deleted user May 2, 2019

I want to set up the confluence page to display reports from jira. I wan to display the burndown chart, burn up chart, velocity chart. Any info to set up the conluence page will be very helpful.

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

Hi,

You can use the Table Filter and Charts app in combination with the Jira Issues macro to build dynamic charts in Confluence. The app provides a flexible configuration so you can select any issue type, sprint, team, etc. You can find the instructions for creating these charts on the documentation site.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

You will need to have an application link setup between your Jira and Confluence instance.  Once that is done you can register external gadgets to get this functionality.  This is for Server.  This is not available in OnDemand since this's part of External Gadgets and per Restricted Functions in Atlassian OnDemand External gadgets are not allowed in Atlassian OnDemand.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/registering-external-gadgets-204050482.html?_ga=2.23734206.528327540.1556810616-1785046573.1549295491

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2019

Brant summed things up pretty well on how to get the linking working.  To add some additional clarity, you can only embed Gadgets in Confluence (the things you add to Dashboards in Jira.)  There is currently no good method to embed Reports from Agile Boards (despite this doc that seems to imply such.)  Jira has a built-in burndown gadget, but there is no built-in gadget for other types of reports from Agile boards.  You could play around with using the iframe macro. I can't recall any of our clients finding it an acceptable method, though. I hope that helps

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events