Can I attach a certain point in a confluence page into an email?

Juliane Wetzel September 24, 2018

Hi,

I would like to send an email to my colleagues. In this email the colleagues should click on a link. This link should refer to a certain point on a Confluence page.

Is this possible? If so, how does it work?

1 answer

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

Hi @Juliane Wetzel

you can use a macro called Anchor in your Confluence page to create a link to a specific location. The documentation is here.

Once you have created the anchor, you will be able to send its link to your colleagues and they will land directly on the anchor location.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Juliane Wetzel September 24, 2018

Hi @Alexis Robert,

thanks for your support. Unfortunately I don`t want to link the anchor within confluence but send an email with the link to the exact position within a confluence page.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

@Juliane Wetzel

the Anchor macro will let you get a link that you can share afterwards.

You can test it easily:

• Edit a Confluence page and put the cursor where you want the Anchor to be located
  • Look for the Anchor Macro and insert it, with the name "testanchor" for example
  • Add a link, select Advanced and type the anchor name "testanchor"  in the Link field

After saving the page, you can see the link on your page and copy/paste it to share it with your colleagues 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events