CRC Cards?

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

Has anyone come up with a simple template or macro that would enable easy addition of CRC cards? essentially I want a small panel/tabel/box divided inoto three sections like this:

I made this one using table and merged the top row. But since I am going to be making dozens or hundreds of these, I just want to be able to cut& paste or use a macro to insert them. Unfortunately, there is a bug with the cut&paste so that pasted tables look like this:

where the top row gets truncated down to a single column. This isn't terrible, but it's annoying (especially with long class names, which stretch the first column way out). Any suggestions for a workaround?

1 answer

1 vote
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2014

Hi Kevin,

Following is a user macro code that I tried for this example. You can following the steps below to recreate this macro:

Confluence Admin Panel > User Macros > Create a User Macro

1. Fill the mandatory fields such as Macro Name and Macro Title.
  2. Select Formatting for categories.
  3. Select Escaped for Macro Body Processing.
  4. Copy and paste the following on Template
## @param classname:type=string|desc=Class Name

## @param responsibility:type=string|desc=Responsibility Title
## @param R1:type=string|desc=Responsibility One
## @param R2:type=string|desc=Responsibility Two

## @param collaborate:type=string|desc=Collaborate Title
## @param C1:type=string|desc=Collaborate One
## @param C2:type=string|desc=Collaborate Two

#set ($paramHead1 ="CLASS NAME")

<div id="preformattedtable">

<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<th colspan="2">$!paramclassname</th></tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="1">
<p>$!paramresponsibility</p>
<ul><li>$!paramR1</li>
<li>$!paramR2</li></ul></td>
<td colspan="1">
<p>$!paramcollaborate</p>
<ul>
<li>$!paramC1</li>
<li>$!paramC2</li></ul></td></tr></tbody></table>
</div>

I would like to recommend you to take a look at Writing User Macro Template documentation.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Cheers

Saleh

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014

Wow, this is cool -- I've never used User macros before in Confluence. Thanks for taking the time to create and post this! But from what I can see, this isn't really extensible, is it? (I.e., there's no way to add, for example, 3 Responsibilites and 5 Collaborators without editing the macro code and html itself, is that right? Or am I missing something? I'm guessing I'd have to use some sort of javascript to make it more dynamic -- a little outside my skillset at the moment.)

The other disadvantage with this approach is that I can't view the table in Page-Edit mode. It just looks like this:

I either have to preview the page or open the macro edit pane to actually see the table.

So I'm not sure that this is really a solution that will fit my needs. But again, I really appreciate the time you took to help me. And at least you have demonstrated the usefulness of User Macros which could come in really handy someday!

salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2014

Hi Kevin,

You are most welcome. Wish I could help more.

As you said " I just want to be able to cut& paste or use a macro to insert them." I thought that it's your predefined format. Maybe other people can modify this based on your need.

Cheers,

Saleh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events