Bullet point in database

Rebecca Lyal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2022

Hi,

I am testing the use of Orderly Databases to store information on activations our partners are doing for a campaign we are hosting. This includes pieces of long text that would be useful to be bulleted. 

The 'text' field on databases does not immediately allow this, or even allow a new line of text to be started by pressing the Enter key.

Is there a work-around? We are currently using an Excel table to store this information but I wanted to modernise the process.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Rebecca Lyal , and welcome to the Atlassian Community! 🥳

I'm happy to hear that you're evaluating Orderly Databases. 😄 

You are right that you have to enable multiline text first in the configuration of the field. We've added a checkmark to allow line breaks:

text_field_orderly_config.png

This can happen during the initial addition of the new field or later in the configuration. After that, you'll be able to add as many line breaks as you need to the field (by pressing the Enter key).

In the same way, you can currently add dashes manually to visually structure your content and make it easier to read for users.

orderly_text_field_example.png

I know this feels more like a workaround, and I imagine you would prefer more formatting options. We have already discussed this internally and plan to work on the issue in the future. So bear with us a bit longer. 😄 Is there anything else I can help you with right now?

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events