Brikit Theme different layouts for one space

Powermax1990
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2015

Hey guys,

we use Confluence including brikit theme press. We created different layouts for some products. Like Layout A for product A, Layout B for product B and so on..

Now i know it is possible to set a default Layout, which will be activated automatically by creating new pages. But there is my problem. 

Because we have different layouts in one Page tree:

Product A
>> content pages
>>> sub page 1
>>> sub page 1

Product B
>> content pages
>>> sub page 1
>>> sub page 1

etc.

My finally quest ist how we can set that new pages in the pagetree in Product B becomes Layout B and pages in Product A becomes Layout A automatically?

In expression predefined layouts based on the pagetree (all pages include in one page have a predefined layout?). That means split the space layout setting to a pagetree based one?

Because its very strong to edit each page after creating and override the false layout by clicking on the right one in the Page Designer > Layout Source > Override Layout...

Have anyone an idea how to reach this :/ ?

Thanks a lot 

1 answer

2 votes
Maggie Modersohn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Hi @Maximilian Körbel,

Thanks for your question! As you already mentioned, you can set a different default layout on a space by space basis (e.g. Layout A for the Space Product A and Layout B for the Space Product B).

Looking at your question however, it sounds like you haven't separated your Products A and B into different Spaces, otherwise you would be able to set a different default layout for each Space. 

There is currently no way to set a different default layout within the same space, you would have to manually override the layout on a page-by-page basis. 

My recommendation would be to have different Spaces for Product A and B. You can also file a feature request on brikit.atlassian.net if you would like to have the option to define that all children of one page automatically follow its layout. 

I hope this helps. If you would like to discuss this in more detail or prefer to write in German, feel free to email me at maggie at brikit dot com.

Thanks, 

Maggie

Powermax1990
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 28, 2015

Hey, thank you for your answer @Maggie Modersohn.

An image to explain what i want to do.

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150923/sfp8rzuv.png

Is there no way to define this? For the usecase e.g. displaying not all content in a pagetree (if there 20 Products). Only showing the pagetree of this product and not the others. For this problem we created Layout pages with the changed pagetrees for every product.

Is there a way to do this without 20 Layouts (with 20 seperated pagetrees)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events