Availability of SOAP in future versions of Confluence

Paul Johnson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2015

We are currently using the SOAP api against version 5.7.1 of Confluence. We know it has been depracated and some stage will be removed. 

What is the final version of Confluence that will support this api?

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

I have not seen anything specifying a removal date. There are many features in the SOAP API that have not been created in REST yet. My hunch is until they replicate that functionality in the REST API it will stick around ... it just isn't being expanded upon any more.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

I suspect it will be here for a while too. But I notice that JIRA's REST interface didn't cover all the functions SOAP did before they removed SOAP, so I wouldn't bet on it covering everything SOAP does.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events