cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatising Tasks in Confluence - How?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Star Date: Lost in Space

I'm in the process of re-designing the structure of one of our spaces (an internal user manual used by the development team), I've also got to re-design the page layout and make sure the content is up to date. And several other things...

To do this I shall copy the existing space and rebuild that. That's the easy bit, the rebuilding includes tasks such as:

• Taking existing pages and rebuilding them using a common template.
  • Re-naming all pages to a short suffix.
  • Moving pages en-masses.
  • Identifying pages that have certain pieces of info missing.
  • Identifying pages that have specific words.
  • Adding labels based on the page's name and other criteria (assuming they've not been added).

Some of these are tasks will change the page in some way, while some simply produce lists.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can achieve any of this? I'm assuming this will involve writing scripts and will have help in that dept, and with running them too.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Confluence Command Line Interface can help you with your scripting.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Bob,

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on to the tech team as they're the ones who a) understand this sort of thing and b) will be writing the scripts. I may only be pushing the Go! button.

Cheers.

2 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

Hello Mick,

Bob has a great tool for this. I definitely recommend checking it out.

I did want to mention to you and perhaps to others that we have an out feature request to allow users to schedule their own tasks.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28531

This focues around flushing the cache specficially, but it can be made to be much more boradly applicable.

I am adding this post to the ticket to further increase it's visibility.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events