Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching files on Atlassian cloud "Error connecting to server"

Joe Tarragano September 5, 2017

Consistently in Confluence, on different instances of it but always using the cloud versions, I get "Error connecting to server" (when dragging a file to be attached) or "Connection Reset" from the browser when clicking "Attach". This is related to file size - I can typically attach ~50kb files but not much more. I have set the space permissions so I can set 100mb and it doesn't seem to make a difference. 

3 answers

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

looks like this is resolved now.

0 votes
Chris Thompson September 21, 2017

I logged out and back in just in case and am still seeing the same issue.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2017

Hi Joe, we haven't had any incident related to the Media API recently, however you mention multiple Cloud instances are affected. Are you accessing all of them through the same network? Can you check if your network configuration is properly set to not block anything from media-api? You can find the values at Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains.

Let us know how it goes!

Joe Tarragano September 6, 2017

Thanks for the response, but I'm still stuck. I'm not on a network, and I work at various locations with different hotspot providers and it happens at all of them. 

I probably confused things when I said "instances". What I meant was that I've worked for a couple different companies this year and I get this problem on each of their Confluence & Jira clouds.

Having the same issue here.  Was working fine yesterday and today it's not working at all.  Assumed it was a file space issue.  Deleted a 52mb file, tried to paste a 500kb file and still same problem.

P.S. Joe said he was still stuck on the 6th and there's been no response to him.  

Correction, my problem is worse than Joes.  I can't attach the files using the attach function either.  I get the same "Error connecting to server" message either way.

Joe Tarragano September 21, 2017

Chris, I lost interest as I ended up with a solution - use Internet Explorer. It's clunky (I live in Chrome mostly) and I'm worried that it too will just suddenly stop working, but for now, the problem is continuous in Chrome & non-existent in IE.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2017

@Joe Tarragano @Chris Thompson I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with attachments in Cloud. We did have an incident today. It is resolved now: Failure on Media Services

Chris, I speculate your experience is due to the incident. If you are still having trouble with attachments, please let me know.

Joe, you have been seeing this issue for a while so I am not sure today's resolution has fixed the issue for you. Please let me know if you cleared your Chrome cache and cookies while investigating. The Chrome dev tools (right click and choose Inspect to launch) can also help find where the attachments are getting stuck.

It's great when the users end up having to help one another isn't it?  Thanks.  I was in Chrome, failed. I went to Firefox, failed. I went to Safari, failed.  Changed my Safari setting to IE 10, failed.  Changed Safari settings to Edge, Failed.

Ann, still having issues.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2017

I found your Cloud instance and am logging onto it now to see if I can upload an attachment. Please stay tuned.

Thanks Ann

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2017

I did still see an issue uploading attachments, so I checked with the Cloud support team and they let me know the issue is not resolved after all: Failure on Media Services.

Customers using Confluence are still experiencing issues to download and upload attachments, as also loading pages with attachments. Our engineering team is looking into this specific issue now.
Posted 19 minutes ago. Sep 21, 2017 - 20:32 UTC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events