Article appears in two places in the tree

BJ October 24, 2019

In our draft space, I created a parent article and placed two child articles beneath it. When I published the parent article, it correctly placed the two child articles beneath it, but I noticed in the published space, the first child article has an arrow to expand. Below it is... the second child article, but as a child of the first child article. In both places.

Essentially in draft space the tree goes:

Blueberry Integration
   Setting Up Blueberry Integration
   Raspberry-Blueberry Integration

But in the published space:

Blueberry Integration
   Setting Up Blueberry Integration

It isn't a duplicate. They have the same tiny URL attached. If I click one, they both appear in bold in the tree when the page opens. I've tried dragging them around the hierarchy to try to "reset" it, but only one of them will move, while the grandchild article doesn't go anywhere, even if that's the one I moved. Seems like it's just a zombie stuck in limbo. How can I force the system to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Russell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2024

Any answers on this? I have the same situation happening.

0 votes
Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

I have a similar situation and would also like to know the answer! In my case, the "duplicate" listing in the sidebar page tree is at the very bottom. I'm guessing someone created a new page and then moved it to the correct place in the tree.

Same tiny URL, same page ID. Clicking on the one at the bottom of the page tree takes me to the page with the name highlighted in the correct place in the sidebar.

(Data Center)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events