Archiving Confluence to be viewed later without Confluence

Brian Catanzaro October 3, 2018

I am using Confluence to chronicle projects.  When a project concludes, I'd like to remove the Space dedicated to this project.  However, I'd like to be able to view the information off-line, without Confluence.

For example, I complete a project and delete the space.  In a few years, I need to dig up information on the project again.  I don't need to edit the archived space, just view the information (as formatted by Confluence).

Is there a way to store the hierarchy of pages with table / graphics / formatting / ... such that I can view it at a (much) later date without the Confluence software?

P.S.  PDF exporting doesn't format very well and does not preserve the tree of pages with cross references.

1 answer

1 vote
George Lipatov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2018

Hi @Brian,

You can export your space to HTML format instead. In this case you will get a zip file with all pages in HTML format. It also contains index.html with the table of contents.

But keep in mind that both PDF and HTML exports do not export asynchronous macros (example: page tree macro). 

Best regards,

George Lipatov

Brian Catanzaro October 5, 2018

I've used that technique (or so I thought).  The formatting comes out poor and the graphics / tables don't seem to be captured with that method.

Have you had better luck?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events