Any way to customize search results page to remind users to log in?

We're looking to add some functionality to our Service Desk tool to generate search URLs for Confluence.

While we have some sections of our site as globally accessible (to anonymous users), the knowledge base we are crafting search links for is not.

Since the search defaults to spaces for which you have permission to view, is there any way we can remind users to log in if they aren't seeing the results they expect? I looked at the Layout configuration, but the Search page does not seem to have its own configurable layout - I assume it uses the global one.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

1 answer

1 accepted

You can customise the search result page on the following decorator files:

• <confluence-install>/confluence/decorators/search.vmd
  • <confluence-install>/confluence/decorators/components/search-results.vmd

You might want to refer to this page for any Velocity-related reference.

How would you override the search-results.vmd for a particular space instead of the entire site?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

311 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you