Ambari 2.7.3 Cluster wizard stuck at step 1

David Ooi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

Hi,

Ambari 2.7.3 Cluster wizard stuck at step 1

i have been trying to setup a new cluster using ambari 2.7.3 i have setup the ambari server and ambari agent. But when i try to install the cluster using the cluster installation wizard it just stuck at the step 1 stage. i dont see any error from the log.

how do i get this to work ?

1 answer

0 votes
Louis van Dyk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2019

I have the same problem.  Built from source on Centos 7. I've even tried 2.7.1 with the same issue.  I'm not using Oracle Java - could that cause it?  I'm using:

java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless-1.8.0.201.b09-2.el7_6.x86_64

I've followed everything I can find on this issue - and a few people definitely have it - but nothing works.

And no: I just changed to ORACLE Java, and the problem still exists.

Olivier Boudry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 15, 2019

Exact same problem here, installed from source on Centos7. I'm using openjdk version "1.8.0_212".

Server starts with no errors or warnings, but when I run the wizard it gets stuck on phase 1, just after entering the name.

Louis van Dyk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 15, 2019

I eventually gave up on compiling from source.  Not only is it a nightmare unimaginable, but once you eventually get it right, you can't create a cluster!

My question is on multiple places on the Web, but nobody has an answer - at least not one that works.

I settled for adding the Hortonworks repository to my server, and installed it from there, and that worked for me.

Olivier Boudry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 15, 2019

Thanks, I also ended up installing it from the RPM and its now working. Found a handful of questions mentioning a similar bug, but no solution.

Ishaan Raghav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 21, 2024

@Louis van Dyk @Olivier Boudry 
Hey, I installed Ambari 2.7.8 from source (what a nightmare) and once it's done, server up and running, I am stuck on the same step as you both discussed above.

Can you please direct me to the hortonworks repo? The ones I found are ERROR 403/ERROR 404.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events