Aggregating data from multiple Confluence pages

Vicky Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2024

Background:

I have created multiple templates in my space where I've created a lot of automation using macros, including many live templates. I am doing this to make the creation of project pages easier for ICs. My page hierarchy looks like this:

Team Page (parent page)

> Project Page 1 (child page)

> Project Page 2 (child page)

I have created easy uptake for ICs to quickly create a project page by clicking on a button to create a new page (this button lives on the parent page). In the project page, there are multiple macros and live templates. In one of my sections, "Project Details," I have an advanced table where I laid out a table with the heading on the left and a "Text Data" field to its right. For example, Health, Stakeholders, and Status headings are on the left and in the column to their immediate right is the data the IC will fill out. 

The ask:

Since my pages are built as templates, is there a way/macro to aggregate information, such as Status, to the Team Page (parent page)? I've tried Excerpt/Insert but I want to automate it so that any time a new child page is created, it can continue to aggregate the information. I can't direct the Excerpt to a label for aggregation, only a direct page, which would be a manual process.

I've also tried the Page Properties macro but it seems that it doesn't necessarily work when information is horizontal instead of vertical (headings in a row at the top and subsequent information at the bottom). The Page Properties worked using a label which I liked.

Happy to clarify my ask/project background. 

1 answer

3 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2024

Hi @Vicky Patel ,

We can suggest trying the app that we develop - Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence.

The app provides the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that seem to fulfill your case:

• The macros collect vertical/horizontal multiple-row tables
  • The aggregation may be by specific page labels or you may automatically collect tables from child pages/from child pages & further descendants

If you are not familiar with the app, please book a call with our team - we'll show the case live.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events