Administrator can't see apps that were installed by a user and have an access to the tenant

Inna Mysyluk July 26, 2024

Oauth2 applications that were installed by a user aren't listed in the admin Manage apps page of Confluence.
As a user, in the https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/apps I can see a list of applications that have permissions to access an account.
However these applications are not listed for an admin at 

https://<your domain>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/user-installed

It used to be listed there, however this was changed few weeks ago.
Any reason for that?
And how can an administrator see the applications that were installed by a user and have an access to the tenant?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Klima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2024

@Inna Mysyluk 

To expand @Mikael Sandberg - if you have a more complex Atlassian Org with more Confluence instances, you may see apps from different instances in your Permission screens.

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi @Inna Mysyluk,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

What you see is expected. Apps listed under Manage apps are only the once that have been installed from the Marketplace, these can only be installed by product admins. Apps that are listed under a user's profile can be any app that is interacting with your instance using the user's account. For example Github for Jira is a Github app, Slack workflow steps to mention a few.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

Also note that the apps listed under a user's profile will list all apps from all the instances that they have access to. In my case I have access to three different instances and will see apps from all three under Connected apps.

Inna Mysyluk July 29, 2024

Thank you for your answer.
Is there any way for an admin to see what apps users installed and use their account?
Both UI and Rest API/GraphQL are ok with me.

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Inna Mysyluk August 19, 2024

@Mikael Sandberg - any info regarding my question above?
Thank you

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2024

@Inna Mysyluk Yes, and no. If the app is using an API token then you can see it under Security > User API tokens. But it if is using another way to connect you cannot see it. 

Guard Premium will be able to alert you when a user install an app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events