Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add External Images

Molly Elmes December 20, 2019

In the old version I used to be able to click the link button and paste a URL. The URL was a image permalink from MyBalsamiq. The image was shown in my requirements and was updated as I updated the mockup in balsamiq.

Does this functionality still exist? I have been pasting the image permalink directly into the requirements as is, but then the image doesn't show. It's nice to be able to see the image while reading without having to open another window to view the image.

Please help! Thank you!

4 answers

1 vote
tim April 16, 2020

Being able to point to external images sure would be nice...

0 votes
Julien Bonastre August 16, 2021

This markdown app looked good on the surface, but somehow I am gettin http404's trying to reach our CI badges in Github.. weird....

0 votes
morgan May 7, 2021

Not ideal but it works.

You will need the to install Render Markdown app located here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212654/render-markdown?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It is Free

New Markdown Components from list of options. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.36.12 AM.png

Embed your Markdown image:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.40.55 AM.png

Click Insert

In edit mode it will look like:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.41.19 AM.png

In Preview/Publish mode it will look like:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 9.41.35 AM.png

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

Hello Molly,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

There's a feature request below to be able to include externally hosted images on a page in the new editor:

In the meantime, you can copy the image from MyBalsamiq and paste it into the page, or download the image to your desktop and attach it that way. Keep in mind that updates done on MyBalsamiq won't be pushed to the Confluence page.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events