API Token expiration

Ohad Avenstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2019

Hi,

I followed this tutorial:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html?utm_source=alert-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jira-conf-api-auth-vs-tokens_EML-4935&jobid=104098709&subid=944894384

and searched all over but couldn't find when this token expires or how to configure its expiration time.

Can someone assist ?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2019

Hello Ohad,

Welcome to Community! It's nice to meet you.

When referring to the API tokens you generate for yourself, per the article you sent, there is no expiration date on those. You can destroy those when you don't want to use it anymore.

However, there's another token you can generate as an Organization Admin, if you're using managed accounts. Those expire after 7 days. Read more about them here:

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Regards,

Shannon

Manoj Parihar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2021

Hello @Shannon S

after the expiration of Organisation API key, is there any way I can get new api key (other than creating new api key), through any other API or through refresh tokens. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events