Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A long-running task has been initiated by another user

songwanxu January 2, 2018

How to solve this problem?

Only one of several administrators can now install plug-ins.

20180102-163447(eSpace).png

2 answers

5 votes
Deleted user March 5, 2019

What if I see this message on a cloud instance? how to clean cache of an Atlassian's Confluence Cloud?

Sheo Srivastava March 29, 2019

Have you got any solution ?

AK April 18, 2019

Still waiting for solution

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

@AK  If  you get this issue in a Cloud instance  please open a support request in https://support.atlassian.com

In case the app you are trying to install is something you are building yourself then you may want to refer to the resources listed in the below page instead:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/get-help/

Neo Bradley March 27, 2020

Hi, I'm using free cloud edition which doesn't allow me to open support request. Any solutions?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2020

Hi @Neo Bradley ,

Cloud free users get support here in the community but please avoid adding a reply to a 2 years old thread.

I believe the best way to proceed in your case is to create a new thread (question) in which you will add as many details as possible about your issue. 

Also, if you want you can link your thread in here so that I can try to answer it in case nobody else already answered in the meanwhile. 

Cheers,
Dario

1 vote
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
January 2, 2018

Hello,

It seems add-on installation was initiated on 2017-12-20 but is currently stuck, which is preventing other plug-ins from being installed until current task is complete. Usually, add-ons don't take more than few minutes to install, so it's not normal for it to be in this state. Best way to know where it's stuck is to go through catalina.out log to check where it might be stuck or if there are any errors, especially associated with a date stamp in question.

You can try cleaning your plugin cache by following instructions from How to clear Confluence plugins cache KB:

1. Shutdown Confluence
  2. Ensure the user running Confluence has full read/write privileges to the confluence-home directory.
  3. Remove the following directories
    This will remove the plugin cache files only and will not permanently remove any plugins. These directories will be recreated during the next Confluence startup.  However, some third-party plugins may store metadata in these directories, so we recommend creating a temporary backup of the directories.
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    • <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    • <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language
  4. Start Confluence

It might help clear whatever is prevent installation from completing and allow you to install plugins again.

If you find any relevant errors in catalina.out log or if plugin cleanup does not solve your problem, please let us know.

Regards,

Igor

AK April 18, 2019

I'm sill searching for solution for this issue on cloud confluence. lemme know if you know how to fix it.

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2019

For me, I had to wait for couple of hours today for this message (error) to disappear.

I think Atlassian should be giving us some inputs on how to overcome this, without having to wait for things to get back to normal.

Attached is the screenshot

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 3.56.39 PM.png

Like # people like this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
August 14, 2019

Hi @Ravi Varma ,

You may want to report this as a bug using the Developers' Service desk:

Cheers,
Dario

Kin August 4, 2020

It happened to me while installing a connect app from my dev.
Also using free cloud. I waited about 15minutes then refreshed the manage apps page and the warning message was gone.
After that I could try "npm start" again and it slowly installs again despite the usual "no compatible host" message appearing in between.

All is well.

If you encounter "upm.pluginInstall.error.install.failed", just delete de app in manage apps and reinstall again with "npm start".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events