2FA available for jira, confluence and bitbucker cloud users?

maystormgames September 24, 2018

I read a lot, but still couldn't get a clear answer if two-factor-authentication is available out-of-the-box in jira, confluence and bitbucket cloud.

I read about "atlassian access", I know i can setup up 2FA on my atlassian-account, I know there are plugins for server-products... but no details on cloud apps.

We (3 users) want to migrate from our jira, confluece and bitbucket server apps to cloud, and we would like to enable 2FA for our jira users... (currently our confluence and bitbucket server apps are setup to use jira users)

Is this possible to manage users that way in the cloud and simply enable 2FA somewhere for those users? Or did I misanderstand how users are managed there?

thx!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Two step verification is available for free for all users, out of the box. As you mentioned, users can set up two step verification on their Atlassian account (which they use to log in to Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket). You don't need to do anything to enable two step verification for your users; your users just need to enable it on their individual Atlassian accounts.

If you wish to require two step verification for your users, you'll need to purchase Atlassian Access, as Micky mentioned.

Alastair

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

Thanks for that addition which makes a huge difference, good to know!

Cheers

0 votes
Answer accepted
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Hi Thomas,

Atlassian Access is a pre-bundled package of services for Cloud products. It comes with a cost and everything is explained here: https://www.atlassian.com/enterprise/cloud/access

Atlassian Access includes 2FA for all products. As of now I did not see any alternative on Atlassian Marketplace.

I hope it helps and clarify!

Cheers

Thx for the fast reply! 

So if I would just take jira cloud "as-is" (10$ for up to 10 users), add my users, there would be no 2FA available for those users?

Unfortunately for atlassian access we would need to pay for at least 10 users...

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

That's true, or at least we have the same understanding.

If you don't move to Cloud though, there are addons allowing you to enable 2FA.

Hope you'll find your way!

Cheers

Thx, that made it clear!

Btw: Do you know if I can add atlassian access later, or do I have to setup it up at the same time when i setup jira cloud?

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Good news: you have a month free to try it out!

Also, you can activate Atlassian Access anytime, even after initial setup!

Cheers

Great! Your info helped a lot!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events