It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create child pages directly from within the page tree!

Avinoam Atlassian Team Jul 15, 2019

Hello Community,

Avinoam here from Confluence Product Management.

When was the last time you created a Confluence page in the wrong place or spent ages trying to figure out how to create a child page from a parent page? If your answer is not long ago, the ability to create pages in context is here to help!

You can add a child page under whatever page you like directly from within the page tree. Simply tap on the new + icon that appears next to page name in the page tree, and your page will be created as a child page.

V8 (1).gif

This action is in addition to the global Create button, so if you want to make a child page of the one you are viewing, that process hasn’t changed.

Keep spaces organized

Adding pages contextually lets us add them where you want them to live from the start. Made a mistake or changed your mind? Use our new drag and drop feature in the page tree to drag the page where you want it or reorder the pages as you like.

Want other tips for organizing your Confluence content? Check out these 4 tips.

Have feedback?

This will be rolling out to all customers over the coming weeks, and we’d love for you to try it out and share your thoughts! Please feel free to share your feedback in the comments below or directly in the product by clicking your avatar on the bottom left > Send feedback.

7 comments

Hi @Avinoam , 

Being a simple feature, from my point of view these are great news in UX. There's no need to open a page in order to create some subpages.

Like # people like this

I would rather see that you first fix the previously existing features like user picker list macro, anchor macro and the insert horizontal line macro( now just 1/3 of the page wide), before you come with new features nobody requested.

Like # people like this

I would like to see the ability to delete multiple pages at a time.  Much more valuable to me than this.  

Like # people like this

This Feature is great! keep the good things flowing!

Like Rossella Capobianco likes this

Is this actually a new feature? As far as I can remember it always worked that way, at least in our instance (but might be due to us using an add-on.)

Avinoam Atlassian Team Aug 27, 2019

@Anne EQS yes, it is :)

Like Anne EQS likes this

Seems like a useful feature to solve a problem I have regularly.  I'm not currently seeing the "+" icon appearing in my nav.  Is there something I need to do to have this feature appear?

Like # people like this
Avinoam Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2019

@Simon Darken we're rolling it out gradually, so you should expect to have this within the coming weeks!

Like # people like this

Why pushing this news by email if we can't still see this update?

Could you please first fix all the bugs that came with the new editor? Like hotkeys that are not working on non-US layouts, double scrollbars while editing documents (scrollbars that lead me to a white page), huge lags editing a large document, random everyday server failures, caching issues that don't allow me to see an updated content after saving a page, etc? Why are you wasting time on these minor tweaks while the main product is suffering from this raw editor update? Atlassian guys, please make the main job first!

Like # people like this

You could try expanding out the nav? The "+" seems to anchor to the width of the longest page title in your space...

Avinoam Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2019

@Giselle Stidston you're so right which is why it's in the works on our end. Should be releasing an updated design on that in the coming weeks!

Nice!  The creation of pages in 'unexpected' places is something we have to deal with in every Confluence training session.  Much appreciated.

Is this feature live? Can't see the new features just like the last time. We are running on cloud.

Like # people like this

The feature is still not available on our Confluence?

Like Schon Brenner likes this

Well, finally) Very convenient!!! Thank you so much!

Nice, finally! Thanks 

I'd like to see child issue and any fields in the graphic. 

Hi.  I'm not seeing this feature in our Confluence Cloud version.  Is there a special way to turn this on?

License Information for Confluence Cloud

Confluence 1000.0.0-7d6a55e1a3e

Avinoam Atlassian Team Sep 13, 2019

Hi @Schon Brenner , thanks for asking. We're rolling this out gradually and it should be in everyone's hands very soon!

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Server & Data Center 7.0 is here!

Hello Community 👋🏼 I’m Makisa, a product manager on Confluence Server and Data Center. Confluence Server & Data Center 7.0, our latest platform release, is now available and we wanted to shar...

369 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you