Confuence OCR Someday?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2018

Maybe Confluence can have some type of OCR (optical character recognition) built in that will recognize text in images some day?  This is one feature I loved about OneNote because I could screen-capture error messages instead of typing them out.  This would help with finding any key words (found in images) for support purposes.

Since adopting Confluence, I have migrated my OneNote content, but the text in image has always been in the back of my mind...

warehouse.jpg

2 comments

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2018

Found a ticket about this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-34294?_ga=2.147649265.793535668.1524490537-50806154.1482338089

If you are interested in OCR, please vote in the link above.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2018

Nice to know I'm not the only one!

Years ago, I wrote an add-on to make scanning docs into Confluence easier.  The original just automated the basic "human scans thing, human saves as pdf, human drags and drops it on to confluence page" process, to "human clicks button on confluence page, confluence waits for pdf from attached scanner and attaches it".  Later, one of my colleagues added an OCR version which took the content as plain OCR'd text and inserted it at the end of the page.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events