Change text color in Confluence Banner

Hi Atlassians,

I need to quickly update a message using confluence banner.

banner.JPG

Already there is a message with yellow background and text in black color bold.

Now i want a blue background with change in text color. Blue background is done. But, how can I change the text color ?

Below is the code for confluence banner which I have now.

<!-- Message Banner -->
<div style="background-color:Blue; border: 2px solid blue; margin: 4px; ;padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"><marquee>
Notification 10/23/2017: This is the text message that will scroll on Confluence page.</marquee></div>

Best Regards,

Navadeep

2 comments

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 23, 2017

Just add the white color to the font:

<div style="background-color:Blue; border: 2px solid blue; margin: 4px; ;padding: 2px; color:white; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"><marquee> Notification 10/23/2017: This is the text message that will scroll on Confluence page.</marquee></div>

Excellent !! Thank you so much Thomas for your quick response. Appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Nav

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 23, 2017

You're welcome,  @Navadeep

There's all sorts of fun you can have in there.  I use this one for maintenance notices:

<h3 style="text-align: center; color:#B22222;"><code>Notice: &nbsp;7pm Central, 22 September (Tonight) Jira will go Offline for Upgrade Maintenance.</code></h3>

As long as its valid html you're good.  If you screw up the code in the banner you could run into an issue where the application becomes unusable until you hack it out of the database though.  So, little warning there :)

Thank you for valuable information Gregory. Sure, I make a note of that as well and make sure I place proper code in the Banner section. :)

glad to help ;)

Comment

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,788 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you