Bug? Confluence inserting blank line at top of page Edited

Is this driving anyone else batty?   Very often Confluence will insert a blank line at the top of the page after I've gone into edit mode and you cannot do anything but either cancel or save the page and go back in and delete it.  It seems to mostly if not entirely be related to formatting that first line (Heading 1 etc).  We're on v6.3.1.

4 comments

A blank line before/after a macro is a feature not a bug :(

This might help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-editor-automatically-adds-line-break-before-or-after-a-macro-323387527.html

Change the heading to a paragraph, this might resolve it as well...

?  This is font formatting, not a macro.  And it doesn't always do it, so yeah, I'd say it is a bug.  Either that or the "feature" isn't working properly.  :)  Thx though.

I've dealt with inconsistencies like that in the Confluence editor too. It takes some wrestling, but if you stick to it and try different things to delete the space, it can be resolved. It also helps to copy a page that has the correct formatting and edit it from there.

Hope this helps! :)

Appreciate the reply, but deleting the space isn't the problem, it's the fact that it pops up in the first place, which happens semi-regularly - it just gets old saving a page, only to see this blank line "auto inserted" at the top and having to go into edit mode again just to delete it.  :)

Oh, you can just delete it? Mine has to be tricked into deletion, like inserting some text and then deleting the whole line or copy and pasting a macro from another page with no space. Nevermind, we have different issues, it seems.

Yes and Confluence has some "issues" too  ;-)    g/l

Related pet peeve ... if I have a table on my page, editing the table (adding rows in particular) causes a blank line to be inserted after the table. After numerous such edits, you have a bunch of white space at the bottom of the document. It's easy to clean up, just annoying. Chrome browser.

Comment

Community showcase
Published Dec 18, 2018 in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

473 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you