🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

47 comments

Reinier January 21, 2022

That's a healthy leap forward in usability. Good job guys!

irma memic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2022

this looks cool! How do I enable it? @DJ Chung 

Gen S January 22, 2022

This is really cool!

Sergey Fediv
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2022

Hello world!

Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Our company have been tester since August 21. We are really excited about the new homepage and it helps a lot to navigate.

Thank you for this great work. 

Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Our company have been tester since August 21. We are really excited about the new homepage and it helps a lot to navigate.

Thank you for this great work. 

user-81273719386491
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 27, 2022

Great and all, that you can now finally watch pages or spaces without getting spammed by mail but instead having the changes show up in the feed.

But honestly, I'm missing an overview of all activity going on in a short list, just like in the previous "new homepage". 👎

This looks like you can waste a lot of time just scrolling through the feed while the old overview was just a fifth of the space one feed-box uses so you had a great overview of all the activity going on.

Is there any way to implement an overview like that on the homepage?

For example as an additional category among the buttons "activity" and "popular".

Also, is there a way to remove some of the boxes, one deems unnecessary?

Like # people like this
user-81273719386491
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 27, 2022

It gets worse:

People or Spaces don't have a "follow"-button. You have to open that popup-menu for follows (the button might be a bit hidden, for it being the only option to change your feed) to change who you want to follow.

There isn't even a complete list you can choose from. You have to type in all the names of spaces or people manually.

Please correct me on it, if this is not the experience for others. With the state it is in for me, the usability is terrible.

Like # people like this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2022

@user-81273719386491 - thanks for the detailed feedback - if you're up for it, I'm happy to chat more live about your suggestions if you'd like. If you'd like to chat, would you email me at dchung2@atlassian.com and we can coordinate a time. 

Alkan Negiş
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 30, 2022

Looking forward to innovate more & more.

Nicole Downes January 31, 2022

@DJ Chung 

I am system admin.  I have archived my personal page, and set a default global home page as one of team sites.  Every time I open Confluence Cloud, it continues to go to my personal space.  Is there a way to avoid this?

DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2022

@Nicole Downes would you email me dchung2@atlassian.com so that we can look further into this? 

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2022

Very helpful!

Jacob Williams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 1, 2022

Looks exciting! Lord knows the current homepage needs updating 😂

matt.taylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 10, 2022

@DJ Chung - The update has just rolled out to my company's instance today. For me this has killed the one useful feature of the Home page - the timeline view of the Activity feed.

1. The Recent and Spaces widgets have no use, I access these through the Nav (even when on the home screen) and have no need for the duplication on the home page. This was the case before but the Activity feed was useful.

2. My use case for the Activity feed is to keep up to date on work going on outside of the things i am involved with. With the unfiltered timeline view of the Activity feed this was easy as it could be refreshed occasionally and I could go through and pick and choose the recent updates that were relevant or interesting. Short of following everyone in the company or every single space in Confluence there is now no way to do this. 'Popular' does not fit this use case.

Could you please add an 'All' filter on the Activity feed alongside 'Following' and 'Popular' to bring back the timeline view of all updates?

Like # people like this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2022

Hey @matt.taylor - thanks for this feedback and we hear you. This is something we are actively looking into. I don't have any decisions/solutions or a timeline, yet.

However, if you're up for it, I'd be happy to chat with you to give you more details of how we're thinking about things and learn more about your use case. If you'd like to find a time to chat, would you email me at dchung2@atlassian.com? 

David King March 11, 2022

I am going to be the contrarian voice here, as this got pushed out to us. It looks nice, but hides anything useful

Confluence is a business application, not Facebook. I don't need to follow people, I don't need a feed of stuff that Atlassian thinks might be relevant to me. Of the 'Discover What's happening' suggestions, only one is. I don't have the time nor inclination to cusTomiZE mY eXPeRienCe (BTW, the customization features are almost non-existent)

I understand that we can have a custom home page, but, again, we now need to work to undo your changes. Why not just allow us to revert to the old standard layout? Or flip it, let us opt in to the new layout.

One last thing. This looks awful on a large monitor. A little strip of content floating in the middle of a white ocean.

Like # people like this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2022

@David King thanks for the feedback, I know we've connected via email, looking forward to chatting soon! 

Deleted user March 23, 2022

Bring back the "Activity feed" on the top right for Gods sake

Ricardo March 27, 2022

good so far.

Dan Neuwirth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 14, 2022

Yeow!  the new "Space case home mode" is freakin' terrible.  I and my employees can't find anything as of this new and improved bullshit we didn't want and didn't ask for.  This is why people hate cloud services, because we come in to work in the morning and some product manager in an Atlassian back room has now decided to disrupt our entire flow by changing everything,.

How do I completely disable this feature site wide, and return to being able to specify a specific, STATIC landing page that ALL users will see when they log in?

Tracy B February 6, 2023

Why on earth is this marked "new this week" in the Atlassian Cloud changes newsletter for 2/6/23? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events