Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New page sharing experience in Confluence Cloud (paused until further notice)

46 comments

Nidhi Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2022

Hi all, 
Thank you for your patience, we are taking this through the final processes on our end. You can expect to start seeing communications from us with specific dates and guidelines soon.

@Jonny Klaas The new sharing experience will allow your admin to enable public links if you are in the eligible pricing plan, since both features will be integrated to work well together.

@Martin Kerz That's right, while sharing with Guests isn't a part of this post, we are happy to announce that sharing externally is also getting an enhancement via our beta guest sharing experience (link available to current EAP customers only, broader customer communications coming soon). The beta will be rolled out to all Standard, Premium and Enterprise customers. 

Like # people like this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

That's exciting @Nidhi Raj

I noticed that your link here is broken. Could we get access please? 😀

Jonny Klaas August 29, 2022

@Nidhi Raj 

Thanks for the update! 

Could you be a bit more precise what do you mean with "if you are in the eligible pricing plan" ? Sounds to me that we'll need a premium plan?

As @Matt Reiner _K15t_ mentioned the link for beta testing isn't accessible for us. 

Arthur Mayrand August 30, 2022

Great news @Nidhi Raj ! :)

Would it still be possible to access the beta guest sharing experience?

Kyle Pace October 4, 2022

Commenting here to follow updates. Any update on fixing the beta link or allowing public sharing?

Jonny Klaas October 18, 2022

@Nidhi Raj 

Any updates on this? nearly two months from your last post. 

Desmond Cox October 19, 2022

Dear god, this is terrifying. We already struggle with teaching users to use page restrictions sparingly. Now it looks like Atlassian is pushing ahead to ensure that permissions become even more confusing and fragmented. The cynic in me can only view it as another ploy to force further adoption of the otherwise unnecessary premium plan (inspect permissions & admin key features are pretty much mandatory to use page restrictions in any sane way).

Any chance to opt out? What is the user experience like for users where the "add restrictions" permission was previously denied?

Joost Bijl October 20, 2022

Hi, the undated update says this feature will roll out late 2022. Currently, it is late 2022 but i don't have access to this feature in my Confluence. What is the ETA?

Sebastian October 24, 2022

Do i understand right that i do not see anymore on the page if this page has restricted access or not? Is ist right that i do not see by an "mouse over" the restriction?

That will slow down again the productivity with confluence. 

Henry Stanley November 1, 2022

When can we get public links again

Like Frederick Lessmann likes this
Pierre Merlin November 14, 2022

Hi! 
Any news on this rollout ? 
We'd like to use the public sharing feature without having to set-up the whole "anonymous" access, which looks quite time consuming and risky...

Thanks ! 

Like # people like this
Martin Kerz November 14, 2022

Thanks, @Pierre Merlin , for asking this. We are also eagerly waiting for the rollout on our instance and would love to see if the functionality can replace some third party services.

Mattias Hallqvist November 16, 2022

Please share some status updates on this, when it will be delivered where.

We need to know if we can keep using Confluence since sharing documentation outside of the organization is crucial.

(Or you fix a proper PDF-export that is actually display pages the way they're made.)

Natasha Allen November 29, 2022

Chiming in to ask if there's an update on this. We are really hopeful something like this will be possible shortly.

Like Martin Kerz likes this
Eric Dahmen November 30, 2022

We really want to use this feature. When will it be released?

Like Martin Kerz likes this
Arthur Mayrand November 30, 2022

Any update?

Mattias Hallqvist December 5, 2022

And now it's paused. Jesus. Can't you just make a simple public link?

Like # people like this
Sophia Chan December 6, 2022

Any update?

We've been waiting for this function so long and this is hurting retention rate

Now it's better to go back using google doc to share public link to anyone. 

Simone Barluzzi January 16, 2023

Why paused??!! I'm waiting this feature for about one year, and now is paused?

tarelli March 15, 2023

This is a critical requirement without which users are forced to move content out of Confluence, is there any update?

Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

@Nidhi Raj

When could we expect feature release?

Current permission system needs overhaul for sure.

• there is no way to have an overview of who can access what
  • 'Page restrictions' idea is good, but currently, this feature is not good enough. It's difficult to track who is added where.

There is no good way to have an overview of permissions in Confluence.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events