Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new Inline Commenting experience on Confluence Cloud Mobile!

Hey there!

My name is Stephanie Zhang and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud mobile app. Today, I’m excited to announce that we’ve completely revamped our inline comment experience within the Confluence Cloud mobile app for both Android and iOS!

Find existing inline comments

In our old experience, we didn’t have the ability to visually surface the presence of an inline comment within the body of the text. With the new inline comment experience, you now have a visual cue during your viewing experience that a comment exists so you can read it.

communityinline.png

View and respond to inline comments

With the new inline comments view, you can see more context surrounding the inline comment. Gone are the days of scrolling between the bottom of a page and the actual body of the text to understand which line of text the inline comment referred to.

We’ve also heard your feedback that it’s quite confusing to reply on top of inline comments that are at the bottom of a page as it’s difficult to understand which comment you’re replying on top of. With this change, you can easily navigate to the proper thread to quickly reply.

Optimized for larger screens

For our iPad users, we're excited to announce that the inline comment experience will be optimized for larger screens, so you can take full advantage of your larger screen!

community ipad.png

But that’s not all. Page comments are getting a facelift as well!

Say hello to a more modern, and usable page commenting experience. Now, you can delete and edit your page comments or replies to existing comments. Plus comment “conversations” are threaded, so you can easily distinguish between multiple discussions on the page.

What’s next?

We’ll be rolling out these changes over the next few weeks and in tandem, working on the ability to create inline comments on Mobile!

To ensure that you’re able to see the new inline comments, verify that you’re on our new viewing experience by visiting your account settings page and toggle on “New page viewing experience”. If you have any questions or feedback, let us know below!

If you haven’t already downloaded the mobile app, join the rest of us! Get the Confluence Cloud Mobile App for iOS or Android

qrcommunity.png

Cheers!

3 comments

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2020

This is great! Thank you @Stephanie Zhang _Product_ 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2020

Love the new features - now I have less excuses on why I'm not responding to Confluence comments while I'm at the market. 😄

Like # people like this
Justin Fiore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2024

I don't see this new experience in the current "Confluence Cloud" Android app.

Also, how can I add an inline comment via the Mobile Apps (Android specifically)?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events