Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you implementing Confluence Whiteboards?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2024

Just wondering how you are implementing the product within your teams.

• What features are you finding most useful?  
  • What do you use Whiteboards for the most?
  • What are some features that you have come to love but did not at first?
  • What are some ways you are using it that are outside normal use cases?
  • Anything else you can share that will help others?

5 comments

Comment

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2024

Good questions @Brant Schroeder 👏🏼

Myself I am trying to understand how Confluence Whiteboards can be used in real case scenarios. Hard to picture it when you are a DC Admin and user .

All the best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this
Pierre Leroux June 6, 2024

Thanks for asking.

I use whiteboards for sprint retrospectives and brainstorming/backlog creation moslty, also for sharing my macro planning. I am pushing my team to use in more instead of Miro cause it's more integrated. But my team still uses Miro for their mood boards.

I love the transformation of sticky notes into jiras, that's a great feature but it breaks the layout (sticky notes size change so it gets ugly quite fast). I also love bulk-turning sticky notes in jiras. 

I like the stickers, did not know I would like them, however I don't use them much because there is currently no way to know how is the person who placed it or edited last time (a rollover information would be awesome for those and sticky notes btw). I would like more sticker options as well, like make our owns.

I am not sure I am going to continue using it for brainstorming/backlog creation. Because there is a lack of basic features like there is currently no way to search text inside the board (something I am looking for a sticky note and can't find it, even with the find feature of my browser). 

Like # people like this
Abigail Newton June 13, 2024

We use them for retros, actually we use just one whiteboard for all the retros and it's getting very full.  The stamps are great for allowing the team to give other people's comments a thumbs up or thumbs down, which helps us focus our attention on particular actions required.  

I love the ability to create JIRA tickets but due to the Whiteboard restriction the BAs have reverted to other whitebpards so we're not using that. It's a shame, it's a great tool

Like # people like this
Shawn Adams June 17, 2024

We use Whiteboards to document process flows, brainstorming and retros.

Today I did get a popup stating that my client's company has a limited # of active whiteboards and older artifacts would be converted to "view only". Is anyone else running into this?

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2024
Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Natasa Sebek June 17, 2024

- Most useful features: integrations with other Atlassian tools. templates, mind-maps and sticky notes

- Mostly using them for brainstorming and real time collab with teams / team building. mapping client journeys and for the usual project planning ceremonies. 

- I never like when I get decision fatigue from so many ideas, and it's how such tools work on me until i sit down, eliminate redundant stuff and collect my thoughts, I had the same challenge with Miro. 

- I love playing with tools, and automating / integrating them. That relaxes me, and this one is no different. 

- I think this tool has to have a strict structure / hierarchy (something like DB or backlinks until one gets a hang of it (e.g. Like Obsidian, Clickup to some extent etc, the foundation needs to be thought from scratch (start with some small project, instead of making a master plan after seeing plethora of choices!

Like # people like this
Abigail Newton June 20, 2024

"I love playing with tools, and automating / integrating them. That relaxes me, and this one is no different. " <THIS :)   This makes me happy 

Like Natasa Sebek likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events