Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a field to a database entry does not add that field to the database?

Filip Callewaert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2023

In pages I use the database entry macro. At a certain moment I realized I needed an extra link field and added that in the macro. Nevertheless this new link-field was not shown in the database itself. Correct?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Candid Dauth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2023

Hey @Filip Callewaert, adding a field in an entry macro will add that field to the database, so it should be shown everywhere the database or parts of it are embedded.

The only situation where the new field will not be displayed is if you have configured a custom field selection in your database view. You can select the fields by clicking on the icon with the crossed out eye on the top right in the database toolbar. Make sure that the field is enabled there. After enabling the field, you can persist this change in your saved view by clicking the "Update" button in the view picker on the left in the toolbar.

Filip Callewaert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2023

Indeed - it was successful. Maybe I had not clicked the save button of the dbase.

0 votes
Hendrik Hillus October 4, 2023

Hi Filip,

had a similar problem which might be related to your problem. This was before Database was aquired by Atlassian, so I am not sure if the databases still behave like this:

When adding a new entry into a database with filters enabled, the newly created entry did not show up.

Explanation: New entry was empty, I filtered for a specific term, which was not in the new and empty entry. Removing the filter did show me the new entry at the bottom of the database.

Filip Callewaert
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2023

The issue is not really about adding a new entry, but adding a new field in an entry, Hendrik. Thx anyway!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events