Why I can't make images clickable anymore?

lourdes.cardona April 17, 2020

Hi,

I am building a page for my team in Confluence and I noticed that some of the functionalities that I used to have are no longer available.

I have a bunch of images that I need to make them clickable via a link.   I can't longer have the option available.

Please advise.

Lourdes

1 answer

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2020

Hi @lourdes.cardona welcome to this wonderful community

links to attachments (here we have pics) are not working yet - there is a workaround option mentioned here in cloud documentation

1. Navigate to the published version of the page containing the attachment to which you want to link.

2. Go to More ••• > Attachments.

3. Right-click on the file name of the attachment, and select Copy Link Address.

4. Navigate to and edit the page where you want to link to the attachment.

5. Paste the URL in the link tool pop-up, and give it a more friendly name if desired.

As mentioned there it's coming soon - as the ticket is already in progress -> see here 

Hope this helps!

lourdes.cardona April 19, 2020

Hi Fabienn,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  I do not see the More.... > Attachments that you are referring to in your reply above.

Please provide further details.  

Best,

Lourdes

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2020

Hi @lourdes.cardona 

we can easily fix that. What the Workaround is doing is nothing else than just grab the adress of the attachment and put it in a cool readable link.

The More... is the button next to the Share Button (when not in Edit-Mode) image.png

There you will find your Attachments - of course you have to upload them first 😉 (here a tip from me, it is absolutly great to give them real names before uploading so that you will find them easily)

In attachment area you can copy link adress which you can use for the next steps 😎

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events