User can't access re restricted pages although permissions are set correctly

Maureen Savage January 9, 2020

Hi - I have one user who cannot access a groups page although this individual is part of the group and has access to view edit in permissions. When he clicks on the link gets a restricted page message.  Not sure how to resolve. I've added him as an individual user but that did not help either.  

Thanks! Maureen

1 answer

1 vote
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Check for parent page restriction that if that user has access to it or not.

Thanks - I also wonder if I need to add the group in the space permissions page so I've done that now.  This topic seems so confusing!

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Yes you should did it before, This is the hierarchy of Permission that should be satisfied in order:

Global Permission-> Space Permission -> Page restriction

Like # people like this

Ok - that makes sense!  I will do that from now on...I am highly under qualified...

thanks for the help with this.

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2020

No Problem, Feel free to ask any question you have. :)

Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2020

Hi, I'm having a similar issue...

Just to clarify: if at a space level I restrict a group to view only, can I allow a user from this group to edit a specific page? It does not seem to be working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events