Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger workflow notifications when a document is uploaded

Azmat Sharif October 28, 2020

Heya,

I'm trying to create a workflow where a specific user/set of users are notified when a document is uploaded to a confluence page?

What the best/easiest way to go about this :)

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Thanks for mentioning us @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ 

Hi @Azmat Sharif ,

Welcome to the community. As Matteo suggested Comala Document Management Server / Data Center has the ability to execute certain actions - including sending an email when an attachment is added, updated or changed. Comala Document Management Cloud has some triggers, however we do not currently have attachment triggers. 

Based on the detail of the use case you described to Move Work Forward, you may need to consider a custom scripting option, perhaps @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- could give you an idea if what you want to achieve would be feasible with ScriptRunner.

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

0 votes
Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2020

Hi,

You can consider Comala Document Management.

It is possible to trigger email notifications when an attachment is added, removed or changed.

Matteo

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2020

Hi @Azmat Sharif ,

Where do you want to notify them?

1. If in Microsoft Teams you can use Microsoft Teams Confluence Connector to do exactly this.

2. If you want to notify people via email, you need to watch the space to get notified about all changes in the content, not only a new document. You can filter the notification afterwards in your email client.

If you elaborate a bit more what you need I can be even more specific in my response.

Cheers

Azmat Sharif October 28, 2020

Hey, thanks for the super quick response.

So I have a table in my confluence page where users can upload documents in each cell.

Each column in that table has a specific owner. So i need to figure out a way that when the users upload documents under the columns the owners of that field are notified that the document is uploaded and ready for their review.

Need to figure out how to assign owners and then triggering workflows. Email notifications would be ideal but open to other options as well :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events