Image hyperlinking

Dominic Benabda October 17, 2019

Hi there! We've recently moved from Confluence to Confluence Cloud and I'm taking the opportunity to update my libraries, page design and structure - however in this edition of Confluence I don't seem to have the ability to hyperlink off an image.

I used images of documents and slide decks to help users know what to click on and always hyperlinked from image to page or pdf download - I don't seem to be able to do this here as the link icon is greyed out.... any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hello there, @Dominic Benabda ! I see the “I’m new here”  tag on you, glad you came by! The more collaboration we have, the better. I hope you have a good time here in our community.

So, let us talk business. You are right, creating links using images as a “mask” for the link itself is no longer possible with the new Fabric editor. We noticed this and raised this request to take care of this:

There is a workaround to it. The workaround, however, does include third-party applications to make it possible.

I would advise you to vote and watch the report linked above. Voting helps to increase the report’s visibility and watching will keep you up to date with everything posted there.

Let us hear from you, Dominic!

Dominic Benabda October 28, 2019

Thanks Diego, going to spend some time looking through the workaround - appreciate for the assistance.

Anna Oguienko November 11, 2019

I'm looking to do this as well. Have you found a workaround @Dominic Benabda ?

Dominic Benabda November 12, 2019

Hey Anna, the only workaround I've used is pretty naff... I'm reusing old image with links from our server edition of Confluence and copy/pasting them where needed. New pages and content doesn't work so well, so we really need this update to be completed!!!

Anna Oguienko November 12, 2019

I see, thanks for sharing. Hope they do fix this soon. It's a big hurdle that prevents us from creating more engaging interactive wiki content. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events