How to insert a date picker in a table?

pinkyhui November 28, 2019

I am using Confluence Cloud and I would like to insert a date picker in a table.

With the date picker, users do not need to click the "edit" button to change the date.

However, the date macro provided by Confluence requires to "Edit" the page to change the date. 

May I know if it is possible to do that? If yes, how can I do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

@pinkyhui ,

We would like to inform you that you can create a table in the Confluence cloud page and enter // to add the date picker field, please refer to the below screenshot.

comm2.jpg

The // spec is listed here under the Date Picker design docs:

https://atlassian.design/server/components/date-picker/

Thanks,
Manisha

pinkyhui November 28, 2019

Hi Manisha,

Thanks for your answer. However, I would like to let users select the date without entering into the "Edit" page. 

May I know if there is any way to do that without subscribing any add-on? Thanks.

Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi @pinkyhui ,

Thanks for the response.

You can not edit the date without editing the Confluence page.

Thanks,
Manisha

Pinky Hui November 28, 2019

I see. Thanks, Manisha

Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2019

@Pinky Hui ,

Thanks, if this answer helps you, please accept the answer it will help others also.

Thanks,
Manisha

Ashik Shetty May 25, 2021

Hi @pinkyhui Could you also clarify if we can add in new entries with new dates and the latest will be always on top of the table list? Right now the new entry always goes below the old one.

Ashik Shetty May 25, 2021

Hi @Manisha Kharga _Appfire_  Could you also clarify if we can add in new entries with new dates and the latest will be always on top of the table list? Right now the new entry always goes below the old one.

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2022

Hello @pinkyhui ,

Try Handy Date for your use case. It's a part of our Handy Macros for Confluence. You can switch dates without editing the page in the view mode and save your time with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events