How to delete space on Confluence Cloud

Vincent October 22, 2019

Hi everyone.

I just recently signed up for the Confluence Cloud free plan to get to know the product. My role is Administrator but I could not find the option to 'delete space'.

Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 11.03.16.png

Does anyone know what might have gone wrong?

Or because it is because I am on a Free Plan?

Been trying to find the solution anywhere but couldn't find one.

Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

Hello Vincent,

Thanks for reporting this issue. The issue looks to be similar to a Cloud free bug which is preventing users (Admins) of a newly created space from being able to administer said space. Further information on this bug may be found at CONFCLOUD-68319. We ask you to please vote and watch this bug to receive updates on its status.

Thanks again for reporting this issue within Community!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

I have notified Atlassian Support about the issues that are being posted regarding the Free accounts and not being able to delete (or administer) a space. They are now aware of it and may be reaching out to some of you for more details.

Darryl

0 votes
Vincent October 22, 2019

Edit: I removed this comment because of double post and was mean to reply the comment from Ollie.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

Hello @Vincent ,

I do not see any restrictions on deleting the space in the free plan. You can refer to the following post.

Permissions and restrictions in the Free plan

Please confirm that you have an admin role for this space?

Delete a space

Vincent October 22, 2019

Hi @Ollie Guan 

Yes, I have an admin role for my account

Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 14.19.28.png

and more over I am the one who create this space as well.

Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 14.15.27.png

Far as I know, when you are the one who create the space, regardless of your user type, you will be able to do edit and delete on that particular space.

But, I am confused why the Delete Space tab is not showing on my side.

Thanks.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

Hi @Vincent ,

The administrator should be able to maintain the permission scheme, but this option is not seen in your screenshot.

Is it possible that you have removed the administrative rights to this project after creating the project?

Are there any other system administrators  can try to delete this space?

TIM截图20191024102041.png

Vincent October 23, 2019

Hi @Ollie Guan ,

Yes, that is why I really dont know what causes it.

Wonder if anyone encountered this before.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events