How do you create and link a Confluence Calendar

Nikki Leonard January 17, 2020

I would like to link a calendar into a page and/or space in confluence. Let's say a google calendar since it is an easy/common example. 

I have read through https://confluence.atlassian.com/teamcal/create-add-and-edit-calendars-654213559.html and https://confluence.atlassian.com/teamcal/subscribe-to-google-calendars-from-confluence-240913761.html and the documentation is not correct if following step by step. 

"Create a calendar in a space – Hit Create from template  in the Confluence header, then choose Calendars in the create dialog (choose the right space too, if you're not already there)"

- When I create from template there is no calendar option:

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 2.13.23 PM.png

"Create a calendar in My Calendars – Choose Calendars in the Confluence header to go to your My Calendars page, then hit Add Calendar at the top-right of the page" .

-This is not a visible option in my confluence at all. 

I should mention I have full admin privileges and am still unable to link or create a calendar (as a page, space, my calendar, macro) or otherwise. 

2 answers

1 vote
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2020

@Nikki Leonard 

Looks like you need to install Team Calendars for Confluence add-on in your Confluence.

Nikki Leonard January 20, 2020

Thank you. This seems expensive and I'd really like to test it out so I added for 30 day trial. I have not had luck subscribing to Google cal as outlined. I've tried to add google and confluence credentials. 

Any other advice for troubleshooting this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 3.50.50 PM.png

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

@Nikki Leonard 

Which URL are you using from Google calendar? Public Address / Secret Address in iCal format?

If you are using Public in iCal format, make sure that you made the calendar public. Otherwise, you can use Secret Address in iCal format.

Like mohithb likes this
Nikki Leonard January 22, 2020

Make available to public meaning it is available in Google Search? No it is not. This is likely the issue. Thanks for the help. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/teamcal/subscribe-to-google-calendars-from-confluence-240913761.html

suggests that there is a private section for the calendars "Locate the Private Address section and chooseICAL" but I only see available public options and "share with someone specific" option. 

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2020

@Nikki Leonard 

Looks like you need to enable the iCal Private Addresses for Google Apps Calendars.

You may try the steps mentioned in this link.

Like mohithb likes this
Nikki Leonard January 28, 2020

Thank you, also since you are on the team can you explain the pricing? I have enabled a 30 day trial but its listed at $75 a month? is that correct? If so will I be auto-billed with the rest of my cloud payment?

Veera
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2020
The Team Calendars for Confluence add-on cost will be based on the number of licenses you have for Confluence Cloud.
To answer your questions we need to check a few things first - i.e., how many licenses you have at the moment and if you are on Monthly or Annual subscription etc.
Please raise a support case through our Support Portal so that our Customer Advocates team can check and provide answers to your billing or licensing related questions.
You need to choose 'Billing, payments, and pricing' option from the dropdown for  What can we help you with? in the contact form so that the ticket will reach directly to our Customer Advocates team.
Like mohithb likes this
0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Nikki Leonard ,

While I was recently searching for a way to add a calendar to Confluence Cloud, I ran across this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218211/secure-google-calendar-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview.

We don't use Google calendar here, so I can't vouch for the app, and I also don't know how the pricing compares to Team Calendars, but I thought I would bring it to your attention as an option.

Darryl

If you've found this answer useful, please mark it as accepted. That will assist others searching for similar answers.  :)

Nikki Leonard January 28, 2020

Thanks for your answer, I'll mark accepted just working through a few additional things with the team right now. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events