• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add a column *before* the first column in the new editor? Edited

I'm able to add a column after the current column in the "new editing experience" but I can't find either a way to insert a new column before the first column nor it seems to be documented.

Any advice appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello mmquasar,

If you hover your mouse in the area above the column header of the first column, you should see a plus sign appear above the left edge of the column. Click that plus sign to insert a column.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 3.17.07 PM.pngI hope that helps you.

Hi Trudy, thank you for the helpful visual.

In fact the page in question seems to be broken in some way because the first '+' symbol does not appear while hovering the area numbered 2 in your picture.

2020-06-13_11h39_31.png

Just to test it out I've created a new table and it works as suggested. Because I've originally copied the page which has been created with the former editor I suggest that during the migration to the new editor sth went wrong.

Anyway, I appreciate your effort!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Get to know the Confluence team!

Go “behind the screen” to meet some of the Confluence Cloud team. In this video series, we tackle some of the hard-hitting questions you never knew you wanted the answer to!  Meet some of the ...

438 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you