How Do I Make an Info Macro Display Within a Number List

Amanda Labby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 10, 2020

I'm creating a numbered list, and item 3 needs additional information that I want to highlight with the info macro before continuing on to item 4. I believe this used to work by writing out the step, pressing shift-enter, then inserting the info macro onto the blank line. Instead, when I do this, it inserts the macro underneath the line and I can't continue onto step 4 after the macro.

I also tried creating steps 3 & 4 then doing shift-enter in between 3 & 4 to insert the macro, but it's automatically inserted after step 4.

Ex. of what I'm trying to do:

1. Step one
  2. Step two
  3. Step three
    {info macro}
  4. Step four

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hey @Amanda Labby ! As I understand, Amanda, you need to insert a macro within a numbered list on your page.

Currently, this is not possible due to the fact that a numbered list is treated as a macro in our new editor. What we are actually trying to accomplish here is the nesting of two different macros, which is currently not possible.

Since the feature of nesting macros has been highly requested, a report about it has been raised and you can check it here:

There is also another macro that goes pretty much in line with your current needs. The possibility of keeping the numbering going even after line break. You can check it here:

The best course of action would be to vote and watch the reports. Voting helps to increase the report visibility and watching it will keep you up to date with everything posted there.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events