Does Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant migrate Confluence change history?

Glen Kelly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 24, 2024

Another Government Department is currently storing some of our Confluence data (KB articles) in their on-prem Confluence installation.

We are looking at migrating this data to our own subscription of Confluence Cloud.

If we use the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate our Confluence data will it also migrate the history of changes to that Confluence data? i.e. change revision information.

Regards Glen

1 answer

1 vote
Bharath Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2024

Hey @Glen Kelly
CCMA will capture all the data relevant to the pages and the users to ensure it's reflected appropriately in the new environment.  

This will also capture the previous versions of the pages and the users related to them to ensure change revision data is displayed as it was in the Onprem. 

Please find more information here - https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/use-the-confluence-cloud-migration-assistant-to-migrate/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events