Deleting a personal space

Naomi Johnson November 20, 2019

Hi, 

I am currently trying to remove old personal spaces on Confluence with no success.

I am an administrator and have Confluence-administration and am able to find the permissions to delete Site Spaces.

I have given all permissions for Confluence-administration to edit, remove etc on pages

When I go into a personal page > Space settings , I can only see the space details tab and not the delete page options.

Can anyone help with the settings or steps that I am missing to remove.

Thanks

Naomi  

2 answers

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

@Naomi Johnson ,

It's possible that the (former?) users removed permissions and/or set restrictions on their personal space. If they are no longer available to undo this, you will need to contact Atlassian Support to have the spaces deleted or modified so that you can get access to verify any content loss before deleting.

Darryl

Naomi Johnson November 21, 2019

Thanks Darryl, 

They are a former employee but as an admin I should be able to delete.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

I agree, you should be able to, but in Cloud you cannot. It requires "super admin" rights, which are not available to administrators, only to Atlassian staff.

Server-based Confluence is different, and an administrator can do this.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

Hi @Naomi Johnson ,

Welcome to Community !

Free confluence cloud instance is affected by below Atlassian bug.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68319

Please vote or watch the above bug ticket to get further updates on it.

Thanks,

Avinash

Thanks Avinash, 

I have joined the bug ticket and hope to get a resolution soon

Avinash Bhagawati {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

Hi @Naomi Johnson ,

Yes, It has been noticed in other instances as well.

If you are administrator and you are getting below screen for few spaces , then it is affected by below bug.

image-2019-10-28-08-54-25-901.png

Or please you can log ticket with Atlassian https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/.

Thanks,

Avinash 

Like Naomi Johnson likes this

This bug is for the Free version, do you know if it is also impacting Confluence Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events