Can I use the "Create from template" macro with a custom template and choose the parent page?

Kevin January 24, 2020

I am trying to use the "Create from template" macro with a custom template, but also have it go into a defined hierarchy or parent page. Every time I use the "Create From Template" macro with a custom template it creates orphaned pages. I want to be able to choose the heirarchy. Is there a way to do so?

2 answers

0 votes
Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

Sorry I missed the fact that you are on cloud not server.

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2020

Hi @Kevin ,

If you're using the Create... macro from the space Home page, it will indeed just drop pages with no structure. If you setup one or more Parent pages off of the Home page, you can have the macro on those parent pages, and it will create children underneath that parent page. Essentially, you have to create the parent page that will have the macro to create the children.

I'm not aware of any additional macro that will allow you to predefine an additional hierarchy, if you're looking to take it to that next level.

If you current situation is not starting from the Home page, it sounds like there may be a restriction set on the page the macro resides on.

I hope that makes sense and answers your question. Feel free to reply if you need further information. If this does help, I would ask that you consider marking the answer as an accepted solution.

Darryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events