Anonymous user can create/delete pages

Michael Clinton January 2, 2020

Hello - I am using a Confluence space as a knowledge base for users of my app. We are just about ready to launch this and I now notice that an anonymous user can create and delete pages.

But I have these permissions turned off. See below screenshot.

Am I missing something?Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.34.41 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Vitor A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hello Michael, hope you are having a great day!

Thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Based on the configuration you have shown, an Anonymous user wouldn't be able to create or delete pages on the Space. Would you mind to double check if these settings are being applied to the desired space?

How did you realize that Anonymous users are able to do so?

Looking forward to your reply so we can work on the case! :)

Thank you in advance!
Best regards,

Vitor Avila

Michael Clinton January 7, 2020

Hi Vitor,

I built this space on my computer and we linked it inside of our iOS application.

When I tested my application on my iPad, I noticed the entire left side bar was visible. And when I expanded the section I noticed there was a plus icon.

I clicked the plus icon and I got the normal pop up as if I was creating a new page. So I followed through the process and created the page.

Then, when I viewed the page the top of the screen said the creator was Anonymous. 

Like Vitor A likes this
Vitor A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hello Michael, G-day!

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the app you are referring, it is an application developed by your team, which you are integrating Confluence as a Knowledge Base for it, right?

In case so, as it seems your permissions are set correctly, I recommend you to raise a ticket to Atlassian Support, so we can get deeper on the investigation by checking your instance.

Please, take note that only Site Admins can raise requests, so in case you are not one, it would be necessary to reach out to one.

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Thank you in advance!
Best regards,

Michael Clinton January 8, 2020

Correct, we're simply hyperlinking the knowledge base (which based on the permissions, should be read only) so that our customers can get help. 

I'll submit a ticket shortly.

Like Vitor A likes this
Vitor A
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2020

Michael,

Glad to know that.

Thank you in advance and hope you have an amazing year!

Best regards,

Vitor Avila

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events