• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add user group as space/blog watcher

Hi,

I am looking for an easy way to add all members of a user group as space watchers (so they get notifications once new blog posts are created).

I found the following template to add user groups as watchers of a single blog post or page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-add-all-users-of-a-group-as-watchers-of-a-page-or-blog-957497342.html

The script works with contentid which a space does not have. If I would use the contentid of either the spaces homepage or a single blog post of the space, would the users get a notification for all new blog posts/edits in the space or only for edits of the homepage or the single blog post I used?

Thanks,

Arndt

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica Atlassian Team Feb 01, 2020

Hi @Arndt Fuchs the page you referenced is applicable to Confluence server 7.2 so that may be why you're not seeing the contentid.

At this time the only available option for notifying users whenever there's an update on a page/blog post would be via email. There is an open feature request on this though that you can watch and vote on.

There is a workaround where you can add a Confluence user with an email address set to a mailing list so you can add that user to watch a page or space.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/manage-watchers-724765356.html

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Share your Confluence Cloud experience for a chance to win $500!

Take our 5-minute survey to win a $500 Visa gift card! Are you currently using Confluence Cloud? We want to hear from you! Fill out this quick survey about your Confluence Cloud experience so we ...

658 views 7 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you