Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

welcome email to newly signed-up users in confluence

Pres June 20, 2023

does anyone know about how to do this or the procedure ? I would highly appreciate thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2023

Hi @Pres ,

If you are a premium or enterprise user you could use automation for Confluence

Pres June 21, 2023

@Frederik Vantroys thanks i do have a premium one .The issue is how ? I would appreciate for your insights or maybe suggest what macro you are using  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2023

I am sorry that the answer you got before was misleading - it was generated by an AI that has no understanding of your question or Atlassian software.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2023

There is no function for this in Confluence, it assumes that if people are actively signing up for it, then they already know they're using it, and don't need an email about it.

Also, it's probably better to handle welcomes in your user management system, rather than an individual application.

Pres June 21, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- is there a way i can automate it by lets say apps or macros ?or third party apps ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2023

If you have one of the automation apps, yes, you can send emails with them.

But I still think you should be looking at your user management system.  If you were to join the Adaptavist group tomorrow, you would be added to 20 systems, and be able to access at least 50 more.  There's only 12 you would have to use, and only half of them you would need write access to.  But still...

Do you really want to send 70 welcome emails to a new starter who has no idea what any of them are?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events