Confluence

Pharzsco February 8, 2023

Can someone please tell me basically the difference between Jira confluence and Jira software management 

4 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hello @Pharzsco ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

I hope you mean to Jira Work Management instead of Jira Software Managment

Jira Software: 

Jira, a proprietary product of Atlassian, is the most well-liked enterprise-grade issue tracking application that enables users to manage project functions and track defects. It is a platform that is completely adaptable and aids in task management for teams of all sizes. Jira started out as an issue and bug tracking system but has since developed into a strong work management platform. It has built-in bug tracking features, but it also has a tone of customization possibilities so that it can be used as a help desk, a basic test management tool, or a fully comprehensive project management platform with end-to-end traceability.

Confluence:

A collaborative workspace called Confluence enables teams to work more effectively together on crucial projects. It is a wiki platform for collaboration that stores and organises all of your project-related content, including meeting notes, strategy documents, design documents, and IT documentation. It enables teams to efficiently produce, store, and communicate information so they can make decisions more quickly and better serve consumers. Confluence is a knowledge base that primarily carries out the creation, organisation, and storage functions of content management, but it's how Confluence does these things that sets it apart from other collaborative and content management solutions available today.

Jira Work Management:

Jira Work Management is a collaboration tool designed to help teams track all activity considered work. Work might include running projects, managing approval processes, performing daily and periodic tasks, creating documents, and a lot more.

In Jira Work Management, your team gets a shared view of what needs to be done, what's in progress, and who's assigned to what.

Jira Work Management isn't like most other work tools, so if you haven't used it (or any other Jira product) before, here's a few key concepts to get familiar with.

I hope this information helps you to understand the difference.

Regards,
Mayur Jadhav
Please don't forget to hit the accept button.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Pharzsco and welcome to the community,

Actually the two distinct products are Jira & Confluence (there is no such thing as jira confluence). The Jira products has 3 different versions:

• Jira Software
  • Jira Service Management
  • Jira Work Management

The Jira product family can be considered as issue tracker, bug & project management tool.

Confluence is a wiki collaboration tool and can serve as a knowledge base when connected to the Jira Service Management.

Let me know if the above helps.

Pharzsco February 19, 2023

Alright, thank you, I'm actually familiar with Jira, I've been using it, but I've never used confluence before.

And the only Jira I've been using is the Jira Software and not the remaining two, although I still need to learn the service and work management.

But how do we connect the Confluence to the Jira Service Managemen 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2023
Like Kalin U likes this
1 vote
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

Very, very simply put,

• Jira (or Jira Software) is for organizing and tracking (development) work
  • Confluence is for documentation and collaborative writing
  • Jira Service Management is for handling customers' tickets

Confluence is the underlying product for the knowledge base that comes with Jira Service Management.

I suggest that you read this article by Atlassian for tips on how to use Confluence with Jira: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/use-jira-and-confluence-together/

0 votes
CEDRIC DEVAUX February 10, 2023

Hi Faruq and welcome on the community.

You can find some videos on the web on suscribe on the link in order to have a Demo of Jira

And for Confluence, on the following link Demo of Confluence 

Cedric

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events