What are the API limits

Michal Kozlowski January 19, 2023

Hi, we are getting 429 sending data to Compass by metrics API.

What are the API limits?

2 answers

1 vote
Jay Gurnani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2023

Hi Michal,

Thanks for reaching out - the rate limits for using Compass's Metrics API is 100 request per minute. Does this meet your use case or are you looking to make more request per minute? 

Thanks

Michal Kozlowski January 26, 2023

Thanks for you answer. From my experience if you have many metrics (10+) and many services, then sending data periodically can easily exceed this limit.

Jay Gurnani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2023

Hi Michal,

Could you please give me some more insight into how many metrics are being sent to how many components? For example is there 1 metric being sent to 100 components every minute? Or is 100 metrics being sent to 1 component every minute? Metric values are stored are stored once per hour on a given component. You can send multiple metric values for a single component, but we only save the latest one for a given hour. We are currently in the process of updating the documentation on DAC.

Can you also confirm if you are using the REST API or the GraphQL endpoint? (i.e. using `gateway/api/compass/v1/metrics` or `gateway/api/graphql`)

I can increase the rate limit to 200 requests per minute, but I would like to make sure that this will give you enough capacity before you hit the limit again. 

Thanks,

0 votes
Amar Khot January 19, 2023

The application has rate limiting enabled

Do check the admin settings

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rate-limiting/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events