Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to be or not to be (able to make a good field of research) this is the problem

Consulente Atlassian August 13, 2021

I would like to give kudos, but the current field for the search of the name of the person to whom you want to give kudos, makes it impossible or almost impossible to search. It's really too bad. It's amazing that there is such a poor function in such a professional portal of a professional product of a professional company.

2 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

Well the community forum is not an Atlassian product but is called Khoros so if you have a problem here let that not reflect on the products that Atlassian creates :)

As for the kudos, you can only search for lastname of a person. That's unfortunatly how it currently is..

Like Dave Liao likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 13, 2021

@Consulente Atlassian yes, you are right, the search sucks!  It's not Atlassian or even the forum product in this case, it's the third-party platform that powers the Kudos program. They are working on improvements to this. 

Some important things to know in the meantime:

• Search will only find people enrolled in the kudos pilot; not everyone is. The easiest way to tell if someone is enrolled is to hover over the name and see if they have kudos listed on their hovercard.
  • Search does not know how to handle spaces or special characters.  This means you should enter only the first or last name. Usually the last name works better.
  • This clunky search is the reason we added a kudos tab to the profile that includes the ability to give kudos there. For example if I go to Dirk's profile here I am able to give him kudos there:

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 11.18.49 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Like # people like this
Consulente Atlassian August 14, 2021

grazie @Monique vdB 

Consulente Atlassian August 14, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans 

I am reporting a problem on a community tool. I don't recall writing that Atlassian's products are bad. But only that there is a problem on the tool to assign kudos: the search is not good. Since this site is managed by Atlassian, who else should I have turned to ?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2021

Hi @Consulente Atlassian ,

you definitely came to the right place :) I was merely making sure your initial comment 

"It's amazing that there is such a poor function in such a professional portal of a professional product of a professional company."

was not being reflected on the products that Atlassian creates but is merely a customer of. 

I'm happy Monique was able to provide you further and more detailed information!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Consulente Atlassian August 19, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans  

I didn't understand this second comment of yours or the first one. If a product doesn't work well, I tell you and I don't even have to worry about telling Atlassian, I make a lot of reports to improve products. I started using Atlassian products in 2003. How long have you been using the products? If that search field doesn't work and I say that it's not "worthy" of the quality of Atlassian products (which I'll explain if you don't understand it again, I consider high quality), I have to say it, to stimulate those who work badly to do much much better.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Consulente Atlassian August 19, 2021

One last thing, I'm disconnecting from the group, so I won't be able to comment anymore. Please don't need to reply to my posts again. Thank you.

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events