Known issues with challenges

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2020

Hi all,

I am really enjoying this kudos system. This, together with the cloudies and has made it so much more fun and pleasure to engage actively every single day since the launch.

Being able to give kudos to someone is the thing I appreciate the most as added value to the already existing rewards of just helping people on with their questions or struggles. 

The most clunky bit seem to be the challenges for now. I think they are great too, as they act as pointers to what is seen as next steps in contributing to the Community as a whole and delivering value as an individual. However, I have seen several people report inconsistencies in being credited for some of those challenges and I experienced the same myself.

As reports about those are currently a bit spread across multiple threads, I was thinking it might be a good thing to collect challenges issues in a single thread? So kicking off with the ones I got stuck with myself ...

6 comments

Comment

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2020

OCTOBER VISIT CHALLENGE

The challenge is over by now. But despite visiting the Community and answering questions every single day between October 25th and 31st, I did not get awarded the badge. 

I was wondering, like @Larry Brock how community visits were being tracked.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2020

I am interested in how community visits are being tracked.  I am in every day as well.

Like Liam Green likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2020

I wonder if it doesn't log me daily as I remain signed in...

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2020

JOIN 3 GROUPS

I saw the challenge pop up in my list shortly after the start of the pilot. This triggered me to have a look at the current group catalog, where I easily found 3 groups very much worth joining. Which I did, but the challenge is still in my list of open challenges.

Funnily enough I received the group hug badge in my profile at about the same time.

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

I have the same issue

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout 

I rejoined some gropus. Now it worked.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2020

Aha! Thx @Alexander Pappert, rejoining did the trick for me too. As a feedback to the team, this seems fixed going forward! 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2020

JIRA TEACHER

Maybe there is a relation as to what the start date of the challenge might be and how the Jira collection is interpreted - there being many flavours obviously. From the Jira leaderboard I see 8 accepted answers in the last 30 days, most likely all from last week.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2020

GROUP HUG

The challenge is about posting 10 times to any group. Between last Thursday and today I found 11 group posts, while the badge is still in the challenges list.

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2020

Think I also posted more than 10 times in the kudos group.....

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2020

I am doing some additional group posts now to see if mine will trigger.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2020

MULTI-STEP CHALLENGES

Especially those challenges requiring multiple steps to complete simply don't seem to trigger:

• have several answers accepted
  • like multiple posts
  • post multiple times in different groups

There is this website you can use to check if a website is globally down or just for you: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ :-)

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is there a problem with my account ;-)?

Jonathan V. November 18, 2022

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout 

I am having issues currently with the Premium Week not identifying that I participated in Tuesday's or Friday's activity.

I also noticed that the Round-Up Catch-Up is not identifying that I set up the alert yesterday.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events