Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ˜ƒ Atlympic Trivia

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 23, 2021

Announcement @2x (1).png

Hello Atlympians!

We played a fun round of trivia this morning at the Opening Ceremonies - see how many of the question you can guess correctly!

Post your answers in the comments below - I'll publish the answer key in a few days!

The oldest Olympic athlete was Oscar Swahn, a 72 year old Swedish man. What sport did he play in the 1920 Olympics?

A. Track + Field

B. Swimming

C. Shooting

D. Rowing

All of these sports but one have been included in the Olympics at some point in history. Which doesnโ€™t belong?

A. Club swinging

B. Jumping rope

C. Swimming obstacle race

D. Tug of War

What country is the only nation to have won at least one gold medal at every Summer Games?

A. Great Britain

B. USA

C. India

D. Sweden

Mary Abbott and her mother, Margaret, competed at the 1900 Olympics in the same sport. What sport did they compete in?

A. Lawn tennis

B. Swimming

C. Archery

D. Golf

What is the wildest thing to ever have happened at the Olympics?

A. Athletes massacred live pigeons instead of using clay pigeons

B. A marathoner hopped in a car for the second half of the race

C. A taekwondo competitor kicked a judge in the head on purpose

D. A rower paused in the middle of a race to let ducks swim by

Good luck! โœจ

13 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 11, 2021

So many of you were SO close!!! 

Here are the answers:

1. C

2. B

3. A

4. D

5. TRICK QUESTION _ all of the above!!

Bartosz Robakowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2021

Question 5 was really tricky :D So i guess there is no prize for those of us who answered correctly other questions? wink

Like โ€ข # people like this
1 vote
Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

1 C

2 B

3 A

4 D

5 A

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

Squirrel!!  cheeky  

Fascinating article about Margret & Mary Abbott (question 4) here:  https://usopm.org/an-unknowing-historymaker-margaret-abbott-was-the-first-american-female-to-be-an-olympic-champion/

0 votes
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 3, 2021
  1. C
  2. B
  3. A
  4. D
  5. A
0 votes
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2021

We will try our luck.... ๐Ÿคžโ˜˜๏ธ

1. C
2. C
3. A
4. D
5. D

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2021

Ok, let's try :) C, B, A, D, D

0 votes
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

I have nooo idea..๐Ÿคท but here are my guesses:

1. C
  2. B
  3. B
  4. D
  5. D (I really want to believe that ๐Ÿ˜)
0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

C, A, A, B, D

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

C,D,C,D,C ๐Ÿ˜‰

0 votes
Bartosz Robakowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2021

C, B, A, D, D

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2021

Based on the questions I can certainly tell that I have no idea about any of them so here is my guess

1. C
  2. C
  3. B
  4. A
  5. C
0 votes
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 23, 2021

C, C, D, D, B

... although most of the answers seem feasible!

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2021

Thanks @Bridget  for this trivia today. It would be great if we continue this every week for fun.

I am not answering here as I was there in the opening ceremony.

Cheers

Suvradip

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events