Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict user to specific folder only

Hardik Patel July 7, 2021

Hello,

I want to give access of specific folders in repo to user.

Is there a way to complete this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi, @Hardik Patel!

Currently, you can restrict access to a repository in general or prevent users from pushing content either to the repository or to a specific branch with the write access permissions and branch permissions respectively.

We don’t have a feature to prevent access to view specific folders in a repository, however, we do have an opened feature request to gather user interest and perhaps see it implemented in Bitbucket:

All enhancements take into consideration the number of customers who are benefited and/or the impact of the change along with the evaluation of how complex it is to implement. If this feature gets prioritized, an ETA will be shared through the public feature ticket.

If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here:

Our product team will give a first-hand update through that ticket if there's any progress made, so I would suggest keeping a watch and vote for it.

With that said, if you would like to prevent access to specific files or folders, my suggestion would be to have these folders in a separate repository.​ 

Please, feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events