• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Sign in with Apple" password to use for Xcode, SourceTree, or command line

Hello,

I just created a new bitbucket account with "Sign in with Apple". How do I authenticate from various clients? I have tried my iCloud, desktop, and the new password put in the keychain. Non work.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @David Giovannini  and welcome to the community.

You have two options:

1. Bitbucket Cloud uses Atlassian accounts for authentication (when you don't sign in with Apple, Microsoft, Google or a company's SSO).

Even if you signed up with Apple, you can still set a password for the Atlassian account. You can request a password reset email for your Atlassian account via the following link:

You will then receive an email which will allow you to set a password for your Atlassian account and you can use that for authentication from a client.

2. Alternatively, you can generate an app password for your Bitbucket Cloud, and use that instead of a password in your clients.

You can check the following documentation on how to do this:

Make sure that you give the app password at least Read and Write permissions for Repositories, in order to be able to pull from/push to repos.

Please feel free to let me know if any of these options work for you and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

I crated the app password. That worked very well. Thank you.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

456 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you