Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sign in with Apple" password to use for Xcode, SourceTree, or command line

David Giovannini April 1, 2021

Hello,

I just created a new bitbucket account with "Sign in with Apple". How do I authenticate from various clients? I have tried my iCloud, desktop, and the new password put in the keychain. Non work.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2021

Hi @David Giovannini  and welcome to the community.

You have two options:

1. Bitbucket Cloud uses Atlassian accounts for authentication (when you don't sign in with Apple, Microsoft, Google or a company's SSO).

Even if you signed up with Apple, you can still set a password for the Atlassian account. You can request a password reset email for your Atlassian account via the following link:

You will then receive an email which will allow you to set a password for your Atlassian account and you can use that for authentication from a client.

2. Alternatively, you can generate an app password for your Bitbucket Cloud, and use that instead of a password in your clients.

You can check the following documentation on how to do this:

Make sure that you give the app password at least Read and Write permissions for Repositories, in order to be able to pull from/push to repos.

Please feel free to let me know if any of these options work for you and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

David Giovannini April 2, 2021

I crated the app password. That worked very well. Thank you.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events